Are you considering putting your home up for sale? The decision of whether to sell a home is an extremely difficult and challenging one. When it comes to selling your home, there are many extremely important points that must be taken into consideration and it’s essential that you carefully evaluate these points so as to ensure that you don’t make a decision that you’ll regret.
Or worse, you could find yourself in a situation where you’ve already started proceedings to sell your property and then realize it’s not the right decision. This can lead to a difficult situation where you back out of the transaction and risk incurring penalties, fees or worse, find yourself going forward with a sale that you’re going to regret.
The situation becomes even more complex if you pursue a short sale, as it’s extremely difficult to stop the process once you’ve initiated it, as in theory, the homeowner should exhaust all avenues that would enable them to keep the house prior to pursuing a short sale.
For these reasons, it’s very important to ensure you’re actually ready to sell your home before you move forward, so consider these points if you’re thinking about putting up the “for sale” sign:
- Are you emotionally ready to pick up and move to a new location?
- Is there a good chance that you’ll look back upon this moment in the future and wish you had chosen differently?
- Are you in a situation where you could maintain the home as a rental property instead of selling?
- Are you in a situation where you could get a roommate or rent out a portion of your home to make it work financially?
- What’s your motivation for selling? Are you selling for the right reasons? Or are you seeking to sell because you feel pressured to do so by the market conditions or another factor?
- Can you view another property as your home? View a few homes in your area and see how you feel while you’re viewing them. If none feel like “home” or it seems like none measure up to your current home (even when they’re nicer or more suitable than your current residence), then it may not be the right time to move.
All in all, if you’re feeling uncertain about putting your home up for sale, then it’s wise to explore any options that would enable you to stay in the property.
If you opt to pursue a short sale, you’ll want to be sure you work with an expert as navigating real estate sales and the short sale process can be a challenge, but this is where you can benefit from working with a real estate investment and short sale expert like Kristine Zelazo, better known as the Short Sale Gal! Call Kristine today at 800.664.0616, x802.